Saturday, August 29, 2009

One extreme to the other

I started the last of the new projects in the rotation. It is a lot smaller that the last one!
I bought this canvas by Julia on eBay to stitch for my great niece and nephew. Her website is here:
http://needleworks.ehclients.com/index.php/jngallery/
They had purchased it from Pocket Full of Stitches.
http://www.pfos.com/
This canvas is 20 count and it came with the frame for the box along with the picture.
I am using Kreinik #8 braids with the exception of her face and hands. Those were stitched with DMC Rayon. First, I stitched the hair in 191, a very soft yellow. Then I did the face and hands in the pink rayon. The wings are worked in 032, the opalescent white. I outlined the wings in 008HL and then filled them in with 4001. I started working the basket weave in the top right corner in 014. I will do the stars in 002HL as I get there.
I have seen several of these boxes and think they are so cute. I am happy to stitch this one for the kids!

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

How cute! And a quick stitch, too. Congratulations, Pat. You must have been happy to start a little project that will work up quickly and be fun when it is finished.

Unknown said...

I have the same canvas, but have not stitched it yet. I love these little boxes. Do you know where you can purchase the rings and if there are instructions for finishing? I'd love the challenge.
Judy

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

The boxes are lot's of fun and stitch up quickly. The finishing turns them into beautiful little boxes. :-)

Several years ago I stitched an "ANG" box for one of the silent auctions. I would have loved to have kept it but unfortunately that wasn't one of the options back then. Sigh... :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow