Friday, August 28, 2009

I don't want to scare you....

but this is going to be a Napkin Ring. Judy Harper of Possibilities (link to her blog on the right) has designed four different Halloween napkin rings. I am going to blog stitch these for her! So this is another one of the new projects that are in the rotation. Judy has painted this on 18 count canvas. I stitched the head tonight using Kreinik #4, 2 strands, of 052F. This is one of the glow in the dark fibers! How cool is that? Then I filled in the face with one strand of Kreinik #8 in 003 red. All of this was done in basketweave, with a few tent stitches. The Pavillion stitch to the right of the face is done with 2 strands of the red also.
Jane commented yesterday that I am doing a variety of stitching techniques in all these projects! I had not realized that I put together such a variety of techniques until she mentioned it. I always want to try different projects so I can continue to learn different styles and techniques. Some of my projects are driven by requests, others by what has caught my eye. I hope you are all enjoying the variety!

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I love this! Halloween is a very popular holiday for us grownups and with the kids, too. Many a little boy who isn't interested in "girl stuff" will be enchanted by these napkin rings and tempted into trying stitching one himself.

Girls, too!

I am enjoying this, Pat. Judy has done wonderful designs in these napkin rings.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

These are showing on the Freebies, etc. blog rather than Possibilities. I have done two more - a bat and a witch, but haven't had time to paint them yet. Frivolous is fun sometimes.

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

I enjoyed seeing these patterns on Judy's blog and since I love Halloween designs I'm going to have fun watching you stitch them. Though I do have to admit, I don't like skulls... Too goth for me. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow