Sybil needed a beaded snake and a skull to start the pot and to then make it boil, I added Smyra, Rhodes and French knots with Kreinik and Trebizond! Then I did the spider with some Fuzzy stuff and added bugle beads for his legs and pink beads for his eyes. Last, I added googly eyes to Agnes's purse on the left, some in the pot, and then Zelda has a couple in her hand.
The bottom of the cauldron is padded with some felt and then
over-stiched with Flair. The top rim of the pot is stitched twice with Flair. The center band is a pattern stitch with over-dyed Threadworx. The top of the legs are Trebizond bullions. The legs are diagonal stitches with Flair. The feet are more bullions but done with Flair. Next up is to fill the cauldron!
To finish the skirt, the Perle and Neon Rays are tied down with a #4 Kreinik in gold. Then beads are added in the center of the cross stitches. Her shoes are black Trebizond and the bows are Flair with Kreinik in the center.
So this is the overall photo so far. All of the details are to come!
Sybil's cape is Petite Very Velvet. I added a French knot in the middle of her bow tie at the neck. I stitched the pole stirring the pot and then finished her skirt with Panache. My thread came in so I can now also finish the sky between the hats!
Yes, I gave the witches names! Agnes is on the left and the skirt is finished. She also has on shoes. The skirt is first worked with Impressions and then Kreinik highlights were added. Her shoes are stitched with Trebizond. The purse and frog in her hand will be worked later.
There, all the hair is in. The witch on the left now has two colors of Vineyard Silk in Random long and Short. The middle witch now has one strand of Fuzzy Stuff in Encroaching Gobelin which has been lightly brushed. This beauty shop is now closed!
Notice that the witch on the left does not have those French knots for her hair anymore? They were too big! I also stitched the hair for the center witch and pulled it all out as well. Taking out French knots is not a lot of fun nor was removing the center witches hair, but that is all done now. I do like the hair for right witch which is stitched with Impressions and it is in better proportion so we are going with it. I am coming up with something else for the other two.
So, the post office lost the package with the Accentuate we need to finish the sky! So I am moving on! The first hat is done in Petite Very Velvet couched in place with black and purple Kreinik. More Kreinik for her hat band and bow with a gold bead. Then more Petite Very Velvet for her hat brim. And that awesome hair is Vineyard Silk French knots!