Friday, October 27, 2017

And the moon

The moon is stitched.  It gets more embellishing later on, but now to start this background!

Thursday, October 26, 2017

More letters

What an unusual word--nope, almost all of Mustang!  And, we are at 12 inches across the bottom.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Starting with the M

I have started the word across the Croakie and am at 9 inches across the bottom.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

About one third

How boring--I mean the photo!  Doesn't look like much but it is 7.5" across now.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Almost there

Making lots of progress on the moon!  I must admit, I am slower working on the black than the white!

Friday, October 20, 2017

The center

The center is filled in with a strand of silk and two strands of Accentuate.  The sparkle just does show up in the photos.  It is the same thread combo as the slanted stitches at the bottom.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Starting the moon

The moon is worked on black 24 count Congress.  I put the lips in first with tent stitched DMC floss.  The  eyelid and eyebrow are black silk outline stitches.  Then silk vertical stitches shape the open V.  Next 4 strands Japan silver is couched with Silk.  The three bottom bars are silk blended with a doubled strand of Accentuate.  It really shines in person!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Lots more background

This is as far as I got when I ran out of the background thread.  I have ordered another spool and it will be here in a few days.  So, I am going to put the moon piece on the stretcher bars and work on it until I get the other thread.  There are embellishments that will get added to the piece as well but they cannot be placed until the background is finished.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Background two ways

Look closely.  I did a lot more of the top left to bottom right rows.  I have also done some of the bottom left to top right rows in the upper left hand corner.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The last ray

The last ray is finished.  I have started working the first part of the background stitch with Soie Perlee.  The entire background has a pattern.  

Monday, October 2, 2017