Monday, February 29, 2016

Starting Lesson 4

Lesson four began with square D worked in a modified Diagonal Mosaic stitch.  Then beads and Kreinik are added for bling.  Below that is the last section of mixed Milanese.  On to the....Sandy's slide stitch along the sides!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Lesson Three completred

I have finished Lesson three!   A fancy diamond stitch and then more Oriental complete this section of the octagon.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Another section

I finished all of the Sandy's slide stitch in this section and then did the mixed Milanese at the bottom.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Square C

The large square are lettered A-D, and this is C.  It is a Mosaic Box stitch, then filled with Kreinik and more pearls.  I started the slide stitch.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Starting Lesson 3

I have added in the square of a Mosaic variation, then more Sandy's slide stitch.  The bottom is filled with Oriental again.  Since these are repeats, I will not keep repeating they are there, but you will see them.  I will continue to tell you what is a new stitch!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The shape

Now that we can see this is an octagon I went ahead  and finished all of the borders.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Finished lesson two

Lesson two is finished.  All of the Sandy's slide stitch is in and the rows of Kreinik are filled in between those.  I have started the outline for the next lesson.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lesson two progress

I finished the center section  by using Soie Gobelin.  Then, turning the canvas a quarter turn, more Oriental stitches are on the bottom. This time, Soie d'Alger is used first and then Soie Gobelin.  Next I have started filling in Sandy's slide stitch on both sides of the box with Soie Perlee.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Lesson two continued

  Had to take a couple days off due to an eye infection, but back to stitching again.  Another filled box with Soie Platte and Gobelin alternating the rows of pattern.  The bottom left area is started with Soie d'Alger-a single strand.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Lesson one is done.

The bottom area is completed.  After using the Soie Gobelin, more Milanese stitches are placed in the open areas with Soie d' Alger.

On to Lesson 2.  More outline stitches to complete the side area with Soie Gobelin.    Then the square is filled with Soie Platte, more Kreinik and beads.  This one is really shiny.

Friday, February 12, 2016

More on Lesson 1

I have finished Sandy's slide stitch on the left and right side with Soie Perlee.  Tent stitches fill in the spaces with Kreinik.  The bottom area is started with Mixed Milanese Stitches.  I have started the first step with Soie Gobelin.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lession 1, progress

The suare below the center design is filled first with Soie Platte.  Beads are added and then yellow Kreinik Smyrna cross stitches.  I have started Sandy's Slide stitch on the left side.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lesson 1

Moving along in Lesson 1.  The center hearts are filled in, as is the center area.  The hearts are backstitched.  The area surrounding them is a four step pattern in Kreinik.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Mystery #9

I am starting Loretta Spears Mystery #9 called Shimmer Silk.  It is worked on a 12 inch square of white Congress cloth.  Lesson 1 has the setup outline for the piece.  It is worked in Soie Gobelin in a very pale blue.  So far it looks like some mechanical piping to me!

Monday, February 8, 2016

And done!

 The first Christmas Ornament design is done.  This is all I am doing on the Silver Bells design.  Ready to be turned into the ornament!

Sunday, February 7, 2016

More Silver Bells

This is going fairly fast!  Just a bit more to do on the sheaf stitches around the outside.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Happy Birthday Boo!

Happy Birthday to my sister.....the great orange frame is silver sparkled ribbon next to the canvas.  

Friday, February 5, 2016

Some counted work

 I started Silver Bells.  It is one of the eight designs in Christmas Ornaments, Part I, by Jean Hilton.  Working on 18 count white canvas, I changed the threads.  The chart calls for red and green floss.  I switched to Entice green 217 and Silk Lame Braid red 08 so I would have sparkle!  Instead of DMC metallic I am using Kreinik #8 001.  I am not going to stitch the entire design either.  I want this to be a smaller ornament so I will only be doing part of the chart.  The design is the one in the photo below, top row, left one.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Bergere stitch guide

I have finished the Bergere stitch guide!  Information is available on the stitch guide tab above.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Final Touch

Just a few of the beads added in among the feathers.  This one is ready to go to the framer.  I am finishing up the stitch guide as well!  It will be available shortly.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016