Thursday, May 28, 2009

This one is finished!

The final steps on this piece were to complete the open areas in the north south sections. I used the DMC Perle 12 and did a Plaited Rays stitch in each corner of the section. The final touch was to use seed beads and put it on the top of all four points in each section. Last weekend, I painted the box inside and out, with Sky Blue paint. It is all ready for me to finish this piece and attach it to the top!
I will post a photo when I have it done. This completes the first one of the four that are in the rotation. I have the next one ready to replace it and will post it tomorrow for you to see!

4 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

It's a beauty, for sure. Tell Jane I got here first. She missed out this time.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Gosh Pat, I closed my eyes and poof you're done! Very nice job, I love the slightly transparent beads. Very pretty.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Durn, Judy beat me out on this one. I like the box, Pat. It will look great with an octagon on top. This turned out very well. Funny, I don't like the Kick Back and Stitch chart photos but the finished pieces are wonderful.

NCPat said...

You girls have to quit fighting over these....who wants the pattern? LOL Jane, I usually don't do them in the colors they suggest, so I like them better myself!