Saturday, May 30, 2009

It is going to be a cupcake!

I have two shades of pink Flair and a white Frosty Rays along side the two shades of Goldrush 18 to create the cupcake!
Here you can see I drew the outline of the cupcake on offwhite 18 count canvas flecked with gold and have started alternating rows of slanted Gobelin with a single strand of the Goldrush. I am alternating the colors so it looks like the scallops that the cupcake paper would have.
This is going to be for a bridal shower at the end of July. The bride to be is a cake decorator and loves cupcakes. Her mother made the suggestion to stitch her a cupcake after I did the shaving brush, number two, for her husband. I think it is a great idea.
This is going to be a lot of fun and a quick stitch too!

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

What fun! An original design!

Is that sparkly canvas you have there, Pat? I like the cupcake base. The stitches are perfect!

Jane, now hungry in CH