Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Royal Bodice

I started the bodice by working a diagonal Mosaic stitch in the blue Gold Rush. Next the Mistake Stitch using the 002HL was put in the center of the Mosaic pattern. Last, a single French Knot is in the center using the 032 pearl Kreinik. Then, I finished compensating the sleeve to sit next to the bodice. I stitched the paw using four strands of DMC black and white.
I started the basketweave next to the paw and since the Splendor 961 is so close to the white, I outlined with a single strand of the black to distinguish the paw from the background.
This is stitching so quickly, maybe because he thinks royalty is entitled to such!

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I love the closeups but at a distance he looks even better because you can see all the patterns at once. The pearls are a very nice touch!