Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!

Do you have Trish Burr's Long and Short Stitch Embroidery? It is the book in the background and I bought it a while ago. I do wear a bib while cruising this book to prevent drooling from getting on the pages! I refer to this book often when doing stumpwork as it has great diagrams and photos, along with several great projects. But, the newest book added to my collection is in the foreground! DH bought this for me for Christmas! Like the Long and Short book, this one has sections on materials, techniques, tips, stitch glossary and projects! Projects like a camellia, an iris, a rose, an amaryllis, anemone, a poppy....just to name a few. So, if you will excuse, I am off to find the bib and drool for a while.
Oh, and yes, I did more background tonight on the Georgian Rabbit Angel!

3 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Envy is one of the seven deadly sins - but I do covet those gorgeous books!! So will you work up a project using them as inspiration? that would make me feel better. (maybe)

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I have the long and short stitch book and am lusting after the one with birds. Let me see if I can figure out the title....

http://www.trishburr.co.za/books.htm

Durn, it isn't out yet. Oh, well, I can wait.

Jane, peeking over Pat's shoulder to see the pretty flowers

NCPat said...

Yippee! Another one for my list! LOL