Sunday, February 20, 2011

Deviating....again.

Okay, I did it again.  Last night I worked more of the straight stitches on the bottom leaf for over an hour.
I did not like how it looked.  Using a Crescent over dyed, it was a splotchy, sloppy looking thing.  I spent the rest of my stitching time pulling it back out.  I am doing the leaves with the same thread, but doing an outline stitch instead.  I like the flow of the leaf better and the color looks more like a leaf to me. My stand by saying....My piece, my prerogative.   I worked on that some tonight and also filled in the left side with the black work pattern in the DMC fil.
Oh, and this is going to be a framed piece when it is finished.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

It looks great, so vibriant and neat. we must have the same taste.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sometimes overdyes vary so much that one person's stem stitches look very odd because the next guy's skein is very different. And sometimes you just have to suit yourself. The photo looks gorgeous to me, so however you deviated, it worked. We won't rat you out to the NP police!