Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let's make a round box!

I want to put the Black and Gold piece in the top of a box, but make my own. I know I just got the glue out of my hair and from under my nails, but that is the plan. First, I have two circles of mat board that are the same size and two that are a little smaller. From one of the larger ones, I marked a circle and had DH cut it out on his scroll saw so it would be perfectly even. I then covered it with black brocade material and am waiting for that glue to dry. On the other set I covered each with fabric and then glued them together as this will be the bottom of the box.


I then covered the other smaller circle and glued it along with the cut ring. However, I put a layer of quilt batting on the ring circle so the padding would be on the top of the piece.

I cut the black and gold design a little smaller than the ring circle and cut and glued a piece of gold lame to the smaller ring. Dry, glue, dry!


While waiting for all this glue to dry, I cut the strips for the box sides and then the fabric to cover those. I glued the inside of each piece and am also waiting for that glue to dry.And now, I will go and get as much glue off my hands as I can.

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Fascinating! I love watching finishing. I don't like doing it myself but there is something wonderful about seeing things being made. Thanks, Pat. This is going to be another wonderful box.

Beth in IL said...

Wow! I am impressed. I will just watch you finish that box as my last finishing attempt was a disaster.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Your talents know no bounds.