Sunday, March 14, 2010

Surprise!

The purse came back! This is the purse flap that I won by listening to Gone Stitching Blog talk radio a while back. Every week Renee interviews someone new and there is a contest that you can enter, so I did! http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gone-stitching I finished stitching it and sent it back to them and Boots Bailey finished the purse with a black suede on the back, fully lined it with black moire, attached the shoulder strap and a tassel. I am thrilled with this and plan to carry it many times. There is a piece of silver lame behind the canvas to make all of the stitching pop. I had sent it along as I do this on a lot of pieces and everyone liked the idea.
Today I moved on to the Hummingbird itself. All but the red throat is worked in single strands of split stitch. The throat is worked with 2 strands of red and one of green in long French knots to give it a very textured look. I am glad you all like Mr. Spider....he is kinda cute!

6 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

The purse is beautiful. A coveted heirloom. Very nice job Pat.

Pierrette =^..^= said...

Pat,

That purse looks fantastic. I think that lots of us will sign up to borrow it for a night or two (grinning).

Pierrette =^..^=

Kelly said...

The purse is beautiful. I love the finishing.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The purse is gorgeous, Pat. I imagine it shines and shimmers and that all contasts nicely with the black of the purse and strap. Lovely collaboration between Boots and yourself.

The hummingbird is darling, but the purse is a show-stopper!

NCPat said...

I tried taking pictures a couple of times to get the best shot I could...I guess we will just have to pass it around for all to see....no, wait....that is not a good idea! Thanks for the comments though!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

That purse is a beauty - now you need a new dress to wear with it.