Sunday, March 28, 2010

Really close

I did a really close up and lightened photo tonight showing I completed another rose and the bud below it on the left side. To the right of the rose, I see I forgot a bit of navy background compensation and I will remedy that tomorrow night. Jane asked about the background threads. The long stitches are three strands of the navy Impressions and the short stitches are six strands of Splendor all of which are being laid in place. The roses, ribbons and leaves are being worked in the Silk and Ivory fibers. And, thanks to Mary for the Sunshine blog award.....how nice of you!

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The roses look spectacular in closeup, Pat. The background is pretty, but the roses are the stars, which is as it should be.

Lovely piece, and all that laying of the background threads is worth it.