Friday, January 22, 2010
Fixed and Finished!
I fixed the May stitch all the way down to the hem. It didn't take as long as I thought it would to restitch it and a little of the April stitch I removed. I then put in the collar and hem with vertical Gobelins using Frosty Rays color201. Basketweave was next to fill in below the collar area using Pebbly Perle. Moving on, I couched the lines on the patchwork, hem, and collar areas using 1 strand of Accentuate 003 and couching down one strand of 107HL #8. the sash and the entire outside area are couched with the same Accentuate but couching down 1 strand of Razzle Dazzle 6. Even though the directions did not call to outline the Kimono, I did because I am not doing any background stitches. I do not want to distract the eye from the kimono and want the black background to pop the kimono as it is. This will go to the framer tomorrow! Thanks to Tony Mineri and to the ANG for providing the pattern for this piece.