Sunday, August 23, 2009

Final Sprays


I finished the outside burst using Kreinik #4 in silver. You may note that I used the heaviest fibers in the centers and then worked outward using lighter weights as I went. The DMC Color Infusion Memory Wire is the heaviest, followed by the stranded Silky, moved to the Silver Lame, and then Gold Rush. The last two were the DMC Sparklers and finally the Kreinik #4. All of the spokes of the bursts are couched down, which may explain why it took a little longer to get all of those in. I have one more thing to add to this, so the fini will be tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is spectacular - I've seen nothing like it anywhere!!!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Lovely! I love the top explosion. Somehow it brings the two smaller ones to life.

I'm really interested in the final step.

Jane settles down on the couch next to Judy, munching popcorn and waiting....