Sunday, April 19, 2009

This one is finished!

I completed the finishing on the purse ornament. This piece is by Kathy Schenkel also.
First, I used a pink moire for the backing. I stitched around the outside edge, with the sewing machine, believe it! Then I turned it inside out, and put a little bit of quilt batting in it so it pouches out like a purse does. Next, I hand sewed a gold trim all around the outside edge, and then added two gold beads for the closure. Last I stitched a gold chain on for the handle. It is really so cute! This is for Peyton's little sister Kailyn, my great niece. Both pieces will soon be on their way to Grand Rapids to them!

4 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Very sweet and the perfect gift for a darling niece.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

How sweet is that!?! Perfect for a little girl, even if she turns into the world's greatest tomboy when she is older. Her mother will love this, Pat.

M&Co. said...

Wow! You are on a finishing frenzy! Congrats that purse looks great.

Terry said...

This is just so cute, I think my youngest grandaughter would love something like this