I started the base of the brush, which is to look like Malachite. I have three shades of Silk Mori in green, a complimentary blue green in the lower left corner, black DMC Rayon floss, and Kreinik oo2, size 12, gold. I used three strands of the silks and floss to complete the section below the emblem. I used a single strand of the Kreinik gold to complete the single row bands.
I normally work most pieces from the top down, if possible. In this case, I did not want to do this as the bristles of the brush end up as the focal point because of the layering. So, like the first one, I will complete the base and then the bristles.