Monday, March 9, 2009

Let's get started!

After mounting the canvas (that Carole provides with the kit), I found the center of the canvas to begin. Step one calls for the Spring Stitch in Grandeur with the center as the starting point for the eight stitches to the right. Then I returned to the center and worked four more to the left. Step two is worked in the reversing Scotch stitch in white Flair and then crossing over each one with Coronet Braid in the reverse direction. Next, I continued with the Coronet and worked across the row in a tent stitch and repeated the design in the mirror image. I finished by stitching the bottom row of tent stitches in the Coronet Braid, completing step two.
Carole's instructions, pictures and stitch diagrams are excellent and she also credits Sue Dulle for her diagrams and layouts on those. The reference page is a full sheet listing several books I know of and some I don't, so I look forward to all the wonderful stitches in this piece.
Can you tell I am just a tad excited with this??? LOL

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Fascinating! I love Carole Lake's pieces. This one comes in purple, too. In fact purple is the main colorway and the white is an alternate color. Either would be lovely, I think.

Jane, riveted here in CH