Saturday, March 14, 2009

Folding Fan

I set the frame on a piece of black velvet to take the photo tonight, so you can hopefully see this a little better.
Tonite I did the Folding Fan stitch above the eyelets by first using Flair, and then Treasure Braid for the center most stitches. Each square is then filled with another eyelet done in the Kreinik 102. I will repeat this pattern below the eyelets tomorrow.

The Double Fan Doubled is not worked with a single strand, but many strands and each is started and ended with away waste knots.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I'm sure the Double Fan Doubled uses a lot of threads!

I should have taken a better look at the peach version of this I saw at Woodlawn. The detail is very subtle and interesting.

Nice job, you are really working away at this and it is going to be lovely.