Friday, February 27, 2009

The cuff on the hat has a body

Yes, moving on, and I added his head and his body in Petite Frosty Rays in a brick stitch. Then his little pink heart for his cheek is worked in Mandarin Floss--stitched twice to pad it. His carrot nose is worked in Neon Rays--also stitched twice. I used Petite Frosty Rays instead of the called for Neon Rays because it has the gold strand in it. I think it looks like the marks on a carrot. Then, I used Sparkle Rays to make the French knots for the coal eyes and mouth.
Thanks again to Cheryl for allowing me to blog this design!

2 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Pat,

This looks like a really fun project. Can't wait to see more of it :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Very cute carrot nose--you are right, the gold streaks really do look like a carrot in the light. The little heart shaped rosy cheek is darling but the black French knots for coals are a superb touch.

Very cute. I take it that this isn't for Judy or me? (bursts into tears)

Jane, now playing the guilt card (Judy, your turn to tease Pat)