Monday, February 2, 2009

Beginning a royal sleeve

I started the sleeve tonight by changing the six strands of DMC floss for the Gold Rush I used on the outerskirt. First I worked the cross stitches and then the upright cross stitches. Next, I used the Kreinik 002HL gold to create the flower medallion in the center of each design with tent stitches. I also put in a little more of the background under the sleeve, and defining it for completing the rest of the sleeve.
I have been checking my stitch books for a possible variation for the wings and have come up with a couple of possibilities, but we still have time to decide.


The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Every time I think the design can't get better, it does! The Tudor Dog wears such lovely clothes....

Good luck with the wings. I have had a lot of fun trying stitches for my pet guardian angels' wings.

M&Co. said...

Oh so pretty!