Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Tudor Dog

Next up is the Tudor Dog Angel designed by Kandice Merric. This is the second ornament I am stitching along with Jane in Chilly Hollow and Margaret of Stitch with me. Margaret is way ahead of me on this one.
Anyway, King Henry the VIII's Chapel Royal at Hampton Court has the royal, white and gold colors that we will use to work this one. There is a diaper pattern damask kirtle with and embroidered bodice over the heart patterned taffeta underkirtle. The sleeves will appear to be pinked so that small holes in the fabric create a pattern, and then small ornaments are applied to the holes and embroidery is added. Ornate borders will define the cuff, kirtle and underkirtle. He will also have a golden ruff or collar and fluffy wings. I have chosen to stitch the Dalmatian head option of the three presented.
The fibers are pulled and the design is traced onto the canvas. Let the adventure begin!

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Can't wait! The Tudor dogs have the loveliest clothing in my opinion. And the color scheme is lovely!

Janet in La La Land said...

Pat: this will be fun to watch. Looking forward
to it.
Janet in la la land

M&Co. said...

This one was fun, Pat! But that background is proving to be a killer. At the rate I'm going, you'll be finished with yours before I get my background done!