Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let's finish the Santa Heart!

Remember the Janet Zickler Casey Santa Heart? Well, it is about time to finish that piece!

I have gathered all of my supplies
Top right is quilt batting, plastic foam. The second row is red satin, cording, and a back mount piece cut from cardboard. The bottom row is the finished piece, a copy of the finished piece, and a thin carboard piece cut to match the copy of the finished piece.



Having grabbed the scissors, I cut the canvas piece piece allowing a fold back section all the way around. See, he is pretty close to the copy. Then, I cut a hard piece of cardboard to match the paper one on the bottom right.


Next I cut a piece of my quilt bat, which I think is called angel bat, as it is pretty thin. It goes on top of the finished piece which is now laying face down. On top of that I have put the hard back cardboard cut out. Everybody with me, so far?



Now, I grab my special stash of sewing pins--the ones that have glue hardened on them, used only for finishing--and have started applying a little of Ailene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue. Now grab a pin and push it into place folding the canvas edges to the back. I pin about every 1/4 inch or so. Even though it is is quick dry we have to wait for the glue to dry!




I have been very busy helping DH the last few days, and many of you have asked about us. We are fine, but taking care of some business, and will resume the stumpwork in a little while. Thanks for checking on us and we are fine and do appreciate your concern.

No comments: