Pretty funny looking, you say? LOL They really aren't! Each of the bee's wings are formed from a piece of wire, twisted to close and then stitched onto a piece of sheer pink ribbon. Luan had instructed us to twist the wire and then buttonhole all around the outside. This would have left the interior empty. As I had read the instructions before beginning, I had starting thinking about doing them on sheer ivory ribbon. Donna, in the group, had shown us hers done on the pink and I liked them better. So I too, raided my stash and used real pale pink as well. You will also notice I did five wings instead of four. I was not real pleased with how the first one turned out, so I did four more, so I can choose the four that I like the best.
Jane in CH has asked what other pieces are there to be wired. I checked the instructions tonight, and there is one leaf on the lily that goes on the bottom right of the piece that will be wire stitched. The butterfly wings will be shade stitched and I will be started on that tomorrow night.