Monday, August 4, 2008

Betsy's back!-Photo added!



Tonite I filled in the area around the eyes using black Snow. The I used four strands of Mandarin in the medium gray #857, and the light 826. Terry wanted to know how I liked the Mandarin. This is a great fiber. It is easy to ply, flows over the laying tool, and is actually soft to the touch! If you get a chance, do try it.
Next I moved onto the dark around his beak using four strands of Splendor 1094. Using that same fiber I did all the darkest part of the feathers. The next color I filled in for feathers is also in Splendor, color number 1097.
I cannot get the picture to post tonite, so I will try again in the morning.

mirror blog: http://360.yahoo.com/needleartnut

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I like this! Do you think the black beak disappears against the blue or is that just the photo? I imagine this is quite different in person when you can see the colors blending.

The set is going to be done quite soon now. Way to go, Pat!

Jane, waving from CH

NCPat said...

I think when I put the beads in for the eyes that that should make the beak more apparent! I hope so anyway! LOL