Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Let the stitching begin...

Following my instructions, I first started stitching at the top with 4 ply of Splendor 898. When I got to the eye, I added my own light around it with Splendor 897, and the did the black cross with 4 ply of black DMC. It was painted a lot lighter around the eye, and I decided to make that small change. Continuing down, I added the shading with Splendor 819 under the chin and down the side of the neck. All the stitches so far are Interlocking Gobelin, worked over two. This is great fun and going to stitch pretty quick!

This is Fatima, the Flamingo by Janet Burnett of A Collection of Designs. The website for other great designs is: http://www.acollectionofdesigns.com/

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Fatima? She is a darling bird, very haughty so far.

And looks like a quick stitch, too.

Jane/CH