Sunday, April 22, 2012

Up close

I did a really closeup so you can see what I did today.  Finally, I finished the last pair of silver Jap around the
outside.  Next I moved back to the copper and gold.  I extended the copper cross stitches done on the  right by adding diagonal stitches to each leg using the copper cord.  Then I am coming back and adding two diagonal and one straight stitch over the top of the gold pairs.  Hope that makes sense!  Very slow going and doesn't look like I got much done, however, each of the stitches has to go under the gold pairs.

2 comments:

Nana said...

This is so "filigran" as we say in Germany, wonderful!

Nana

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The close up really helped me understand what you are doing. This adds complexity and beauty to the borders. I'm sure it takes a lot of time but it looks wonderful!