Wednesday, April 13, 2011

An adventure

Today, I ventured way outside of the comfort zone known areas where I now live and found my way to Peacock Alley Needlepoint in Ada, Michigan....only about 23 miles from my house!  Wow!  First, I met Michelle that works there on Wednesday and she is a very wonderful young lady that is very knowledgeable about all the goodies with our art.  I had talked to Sandy from there and asked her to hold a copy of SharonG;s Needlepoint Sense for me and I was dying to get my hands on it.  Since I can now find most everything I am looking for in the house it was time for some retail therapy.  There was a gorgeous Easter display in one window with lots of lovely pastel fibers and canvas.  They have a wonderful collection of Pischke Pockets bags and canvas as well as the trunk show with two tables full of Julie Pischke Designs canvas and they are just yummy. I saw the new Rainbow Gallery overdyed Very Velvet and the Kreinik Hot Wire, Easter Grass, and all the Kreinik candy colors.....lots of creative ideas for all of that.  I bought some purples for the hair on Wild Woman and some Painter's Threads for her dress.  I also had to get Sandra Arthur's new book called Shapes of Needlepoint.  So instead of stitching today, I am reading and getting some ideas to use in the next few days.....photos tomorrow!

No comments: