Monday, January 17, 2011

Changing it up

Monday is usually Gifts of Love, but I was showing this piece to a friend this weekend and she commented on how much she liked it.  I tried to explain to her how it would look all done, and since she will be back in about three weeks, I decided I would put some extra time in on it so she can see.  Tonight I worked on the left flower and did more of the outline stitch around the outside of each of the petals and leaves.  Then I filled in the petal outline on the bud on the lower left.  I also put in the top petal on the big flower.  Can you see the sparkle on the lower left petal?  That is Kreinik worked on top of the Alicia Lace pattern.  Can you also see the Lacquered Jewels pattern started out to the left?  Just a preview of what is yet to come....not to mention the beads!

2 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I to love this one, can't wait to see it finished.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

This is going to be quite elegant! I was wondering what the stitching you'd done was a base for.

Amazing!