Saturday, November 13, 2010

Do you remember?

Do you remember me showing you this one?  This canvas is from Colonial Needle and she fits one of the tote bags.  I call her Wild Woman....just look at that hair!!  What fun!!  Let's get started!


I am working on her face first.  I am also trying out one of the Bohin needles to see how I like stitching with it.
I am using two strands of Splendor and it may be a little hard for you to see, but I have done her forehead, down her nose and under her eyes....just to the top of her glasses.  Since this piece is going on the front of a bag that I will carry a lot, I am going to try not to get too carried away with her, but she is going to be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is the hair-do of the lady lawyers in Austin, Tx. My DIL wears hers like that - it's considered rather chic. YUK

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOL Judy doesn't like the spiky hair. Oh, well, it is chic. We'll have to bow to Fashion. LOL

About the Bohin needles, I had someone tell me they felt like they had ridges on them to her and after a while they hurt her fingers. I can't feel any ridges but I'm insensitive. It'll be interesting to hear what you think.

Pierrette =^..^= said...

I like this design and looking forward to see how you will stitch her.

I actually like her hair, not for me as this is not my style but for her it looks great.

Pierrette =^..^=