Friday, June 18, 2010

Another attempt

Here is the possible background stitch worked in one strand of the Waterlilies with an added single stitch in the center of each of the double crosses.
Then, I went on and worked more of the bottom ribbons and put in more of the single strands of Marlitt in the off white and blue. I am down about a third if that much. I also added beads to the two hearts on the outside top right. The top one got clear Japanese size 11 and the bottom one is Mill Hill petite pearl. A little here, a little there.

2 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Pat, I really like everything you've done with this canvas, it's stunning.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It is coming right along, isn't it? I like the background stitch now. Using less thread makes it look lacy to me but what do you think? Do you like it with the rest of the design?

Love the heart beads! That's a great touch.