Monday, September 7, 2009

Mixing them up

I am working more around the eye area. I did the tent stitches in DMC brown 838 around the iris first. Then I went back to dark French knot and added a row around the evil eye and down both sides and used 5 strands of the DMC 3799 and 1 of 413. I moved over and used up the rest of the needle full around the top of the ear. Then I did a 3/3 split of 3799 and 413 and did a row under the eye. Last, I started working with a 3/3 split of 413 and 414 and started down from the top with those french knots.

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

This is one serious sheep!

In our family we have a family tradition about the interrupting sheep from a long forgotten joke. When someone interrupts someone else, the appropriate response is "Baa" for the interrupting sheep who always interrupt at the worst possible times. This guy looks like he could "speak" a serious Baa so "Baa"! LOL!!!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

He is beautifully wooly looking, Pat. I love the color mix and how it looks so real. I know I am going to enjoy watching this.

Jane, settling down on the couch with the coffee cup and enlarging Pat's photo to drool

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Pat, No matter how many times I look at this sheep, he inspires the biggest grin! Like what you've done so far and am looking forward to watching you bring this ovine to life!