Friday, February 13, 2009

That's some collar!

I finished the background around his head and back stitched clear down to the start of the wing and then over a little bit. I then got the 002HL #8 Kreinik to do the needle lace collar. I put it in and did not like how it looked. Sooooo, I took it all back out! I thought it was too lacy for the geometric lines of his royal coat. I pushed the chair over in front of the bookshelf and cruised until I found the Diagonal Weaving stitch. The lines flow with the robe, in my humble opinion, and I hope Kandace approves!


The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

VERY nice! I think my Baroque Fish must have the lacy version of the collar, which looks good on her but maybe not your dog.

Not to worry. Kandace Merric told me she loves it when people tinker with her designs@

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

The collar looks great!

You are making great progress on him and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished ornament. :-)

Windy Meadow