Thursday, January 29, 2009

Now it is all sparkly!

Yes, the entire underskirt is now all sparkles! First I put in the single tent stitches using Kreinik 002HL, gold. Then all the rest of the area is filled in with Kreinik 032, pearl. If you noticed the away waste knots from the Panache in last night's post, you will now notice that I clipped them from the bottom of the skirt tonight. I did so after I had filled in both the gold and the pearl. I used the away waste knot to start a couple of the rows of the Panache as it is a slippery devil, but provides wonderful sheen. I also used a laying tool with the Panache even though it is a single strand. It was easier to control both the sheen and the tension by doing so.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

How pretty! I bet it is even better in person since metallics like the white pearl and the gold don't photograph well.

Like me. No picture captures my "beauty."

Jane, snickering in CH and waving at Pat