Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Tulip Study is Finished!

Here it is! I finished cutting out all the leaves and attached them. I also removed the leaf from the First Kiss and redid it. It just did not look right to me, so I messed with it a little more, and got a more natural look, I think. When DH looked at the finished piece, he said "but they are sticking out, is that right?" LOL Anyway, I will mount the piece on batting and the foam core tomorrow and take it to the framer on Tuesday. I will post a photo of the framed piece when it returns.

My thanks to Karthryn Drummond of Gingerbread Girl designs for her permission to blog stitch this piece, and, for providing a piece of Coton Retors Mat for the stems. This was a fun piece to stitch and her instructions were wonderful. Good luck with the new shop, Kathyrn and future designs!




mirror blog: http://360.yahoo.com/needleartnut

7 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

Wahoo!!!

I'm happy dancing for you. That is just beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing it framed.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Congratulations for a beautiful project completed.

Looking forward to see your blue jay coming to life :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Pierette and Cynthia are right--this is beautiful! Congratulations on finishing it. Will it go in a shadow box frame so your DH won't try to mash the flowers down? LOL

Thanks a lot for doing stumpwork where us novices can see it step-by-step. That was very helpful for me, at least.
Jane/CH

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Another beautiful heirloom! This was a treat to watch unfold. Interesting - but I would never have the patience to do it.

g said...

a work of art....and i don't say that often ...
xoxoxo
g

NCPat said...

Thanks, ladies! It will be a deep frame so the stumpwork is not scrunched, and it will have glass so I don't have to worry about dust! Which should leave me more time to stitch!!

Terry said...

That is really pretty and the deep box frames are just perfect for stumpwork