Saturday, October 3, 2015

Blue Ribbon and....

These 3 photos are from Art Prize and are called Blue Ribbon by Scott Hoyle....wouldn't they be great needlepoint????
This one is Hooty and the Blowfish with Sam and Scarlett by Steve Vaught!  
 These are beaded clay pieces by Madeline Kaczmarezyk and gorgeous!
At the Geral R. Ford museum there is usually a water piece.  This one was my fav called called Reach and Splash by Andy Sacksteder.  She has a bow and arrow and he is splashing.  There were others in the water, but these are so darn cute!

Friday, October 2, 2015

Beautiful ultrasuede!

I was fortunate to win a giveaway by Orna Willis!  These lovely pieces of Ultrasuede arrived in my mail.  Includes some with designs and lots of colors....these will be used on a special piece one of these days!
I follow and read her blog here:

More Art!

 The top two photos show two of the pieces in The Thread that connects by Paula Kovarik.  Stunning use of fabric thread and batting.  The third photo shows how info is posted so we know the artist.  There is a vote-# for the popular voting part of the display.  There is also a artists statement which describes the inspiration for the pieces and gives greater detail about it.

Machine appliques with intricate click to enlarge the photos....the dress is also very detailed and amazing!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Copa complete!

I laid tulle over the bustle part of the skirt, beaded her hip ornament and dangles and added lots of gold beads to the top of the tulle!
She is ready for the framer!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Final details for Wailing Woods

 After stitching in a ghost in the window and the bushes, I added some fog at the bottom.
The overall closeup shows the "man in the tree" and the eyes in the roof!  This is a fun, fast piece to add to the Halloween collection!  Canvas and stitch guides are now available!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Wailing Woods details

 I started with the background and worked the trees after I had filled it in down to the roof line.  I then worked the second story of the house.

Next came all of the first floor and the rest of roof there.

Here is Jane's link to photos of  all of the stitched pieces!

Monday, September 28, 2015

Wailing Woods

Wailing Woods is by Leigh Designs and was released at the Dallas Market!  You can see the entire group of canvas at the Leigh Designs website here:

There are eight designs in the series and 5 of them come with stitch guides!

  This is finished as a standup....cute!

Here is what the piece and stitch guide look like!  More close ups tomorrow!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Ta da!

The dress is all beaded and so is her shoe!  On to the bustle of the dress!