I finished all of the basketweave background with the Silk Lame Braid 18 in color 94. On to the fun stuff!
Monday, January 15, 2018
I am going to work the "cookie" part of the background. I am doing ten and basketweave stitches, The dark outside rows are Silk Lame Braid 162, The next row around the outline is Silk Lame Braid 155. The lightest color for the rest of the background is Silk Lame Braid 94.
Saturday, January 13, 2018
Friday, January 12, 2018
Thursday, January 11, 2018
I just finished organizing the beads. They were previously sorted in 3 drawers by color. I bought a large photo and craft keeper at Michaels and started sorting and condensing. I was surprised by the number of partial duplicates I had. Each case has one or sometimes two colors in it.
The tubes are in the bottom like Sundance and others I have purchased over time, and the Mill HIll containers lie on top.
This worked well except for the gold ones. I have lots of those so the Mill Hill and Sundance are in the case. The tubes went back into one of the drawers. Works for me! I have been wanting to do this for some time, and now like the Kreinik, it is much easier to grab a color box to get exactly what I am looking for!
Back to the stitching table!
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
I finished all of the Angora stitching. If you are stitching this by following the blog, the fur takes two cards of the Angora. I added smaller bells to the sheep on the left and right and a little bit bigger one for the center sheep. Then I carefully brushed them with the Bunka brush. This one is ready to send to the finisher!
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
First I stitched the gold bell areas in tent/basketweave using Kreinik#8 in 002. Then I outlined the bodies and heads following the yellow painted area in tent using Fuzzy Stuff 22. The ears and feet are upright Gobelin stitches in Alpaca 18 64.
I then started the bodies. They are Angora 01 in horizontal Gobelin over four threads. The heads are horizontal Gobelin over two in the same Angora 01.
Monday, January 8, 2018
Sunday, January 7, 2018
Friday, January 5, 2018
Thursday, January 4, 2018
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
I have finished the borders and then started the background. The background is worked with 3 strands of Splendor 860 in Bargello Line Pattern #2 from Stitches for Effects. I am using the laying tool to maximize sheen.
Monday, January 1, 2018
I have tent stitched the outside row with 3 strands of Cosmo floss, color 120. Next I am working Rhodes squares next to the tent row using #8 Kreinik in 191 for the yellow and 9194 for the green.
Happy New Year!
Wishing everyone a safe and prosperous 2018!