Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Make a note....

If you are planning on working this design, write this down......I am not done with the design but I used 2 skeins of Marlitt (will have some left), one skein of Threadworx (will have some left), and not using the Perle to go around the outside with the four sided stitch, and now look very closely........I was on the second spool of Kreinik #4 and on the home stretch of finish all the background around all the outside of each motif.....duh?!  I ran out again......Write this down......3 spools of Kreinik.....not one, not two,    but 3........so I am going through the ort bag....yes, really.....I am going to find enough in there to finish that tiny area on the bottom left or else.....stretching it has come to mind.....standing up and pulling all my hair out has come to mind.....and a lot of new swear words.......back to ort bag diving.....a new art!

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

What color do you need? I'll look here and I bet all your fans will go dumpster diving, err, look in their stashes.

Anonymous said...

i concur with pat's assessment of the kreinik, i needed more than two spools also. i also needed 1.5 skeins of NN. i used NN and not threadworx.

Nicola said...

How frustrating, see ORT bags do come in useful.