Monday, October 18, 2010

Oriental poppy returns

Time to get back to rotations and I started with the Oriental Poppies  piece tonight.  I am working on the top bud although the instructions say to work the large flower below the center one.  You know how I am about working from the top down to keep my hands off of stitched areas.  Anyway, this is being worked with a single strand of Splendor in the long and short stitches.  I first did the top outside petal and the bottom one as well, as they are outside the main petal.  On the main petal you can see I have just started covering the outline stitch that was worked all the way around the bud.  I have started the edge with the darkest red and will be filling in the rest of the petal on the next visit.

4 comments:

stitchenmylifeaway said...

This is an amazing design. Your stitching is beautiful.
Shay

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is such a beauty - and your stitching is wonderful. I'm glad to see it back in the rotation.

NCPat said...

Thanks! I love doing these pieces too!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Lovely embroidery work, Pat.