Monday, September 6, 2010

Turboing right along

I finished all the single strands of cord in the rest of leaf three. Then, using the braid, diagonal lines criss cross the pattern areas and are couched in the center. Notice the copper one on the outer left. Last I did the six into one with 205C cord and then couched it down all around the outside edge. Being curious, I started the pull for the next leaf to the left in the bottom right corner. Remember, I used pearl cotton in black and pull the design and then take that out and fill it in with the Kreinik braids.

4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You are making great progress, aren't you? Thank goodness you are rushing this one as I am about to die of curiosity about each leaf before the last is finished! The copper line is a nice touch, as are the empty spaces inside the third leaf which seem to have metallic paint brushed on them. Fascinating use of voids!

I can't wait to see what's next!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Wait, is that paint or lines of very thin metallic on leaf 3?

Jane, puzzled and intrigued in CH

NCPat said...

Yes, Jane, I got out the turbo needles just for you! LOL The outer sections of leaf three are worked with a single strand of metallic cord in a shade darker than the patterned copper.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for explaining, Pat. I thought it was metallic paint until I enlarged the photo.