Friday, June 11, 2010

This n That

First, I put in a sample of the Double Cross stitch from Suzy's Portable stitches as a test--down in the lower left--as a background possibility. I worked it with two strands of Waterlilies. Sharon G suggested this stitch. Next, I put in some gold and blue stitches on the hearts in the top right corner. Then I worked on completing the gold on the remaining ribbon streamers at the bottom of the bow. Although I did not complete the gold, I made significant progress on it. So, how do you like the Double Cross?

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

For backgrounds I prefer better coverage. Looking at 'Suzy's Portable Stitches', some stitches that might work would be the rice stitch, plaited, overlaid cross, double brick,diagonal upright cross, diagonal three armed cross or alternating oblong cross. This of course is really personal preference. I would also want a stitch that does not pull the eye away from the central design but provides a subtle contrast that makes the design stand out. The piece is looking great.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I like the Double Cross but if it were me (since Sylvia and I are the exact opposites), I'd use only one ply to lighten the effect and make it lacy and less likely to detract from the hearts and bow.

T-minus TWO!