Saturday, June 12, 2010

Back from the Framer's-Updated


Jane in Chilly Hollow asked that I repost the before picture which is above and then:
I picked up the Tassel and Roses from the framer today! It measures 18 wide by 24 tall. The frame is a brushed silver and the mat is a mauve velour to match the colors in the piece. The fillet is silver and the top mat is raised away from the piece with spacers to allow the beads and rhinestone water drops space. There is a navy mat up next to the stitching to create the dark illusion between the top mat and the piece. My framer did an exquisite job as usual!

4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Oh, boy, oh boy! This is magnificent, Pat. The framer really did a good job but most of the credit goes to you as you really changed this piece a great deal. All painted canvases are a collaboration between the artist and the stitcher but this is even more so.

I'd love to see this in person. Judy, wannna take a road trip?

Congratulations on a job very well done.
Jane/CH

Pierrette =^..^= said...

I love all those colors together. The frame is quite beautiful.

I know that you have been working so hard on this one but when we look at the end result it was well worth it (smiling)

Pierrette =^..^=

Front Range Stitcher said...

Woo Hoo! All lovely choices Pat. I know this was a large project and all the extras have really made this an exceptional piece. Congratulations! Where will it hang?

Just in case you're looking, I saw the companion canvas to this one on eBay. :) I'm just saying.

NCPat said...

Thanks!
Here is the link for the other one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROSE-w-TASSEL13ct-Hand-Painted-Canvas-RISHFIELD-DESIGNS-/160120571455?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2547ee063f

but I won't be stitching it! LOL