Sunday, May 23, 2010
Calling it done
I made a lot of changes to this piece! I really like the basic elements of the piece but not all of the
extras, and that is why I deleted them. We all need to remember that we can alter a piece or a design or a pattern or a color to fit our taste or for that gift recipient.
I finished the bottom of the tassel by stitching the rest of the padding in place and then over-stitching the satin stitches with the six strands of Soie D Alger. I added in the last band of Kreinik silver. Then I added the five mauve beads to the tassel head and the three opal beads in the bottom section to replicate the painted canvas. Last I added the flat back crystals to replace the water droplets. I also took some more of my black paint to cover some of the turquoise in case it might be a problem for the framer. I thought about stitching more navy over it, but it was hard enough to cover and will let them work on covering up to or over the first thread if necessary. I will drop this off to them this week.