Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Lots of new spaces.


Today, I finished the pattern on the left making five completed patterns.  I added the last two silver and black boxes at the bottom.  I started the fill in design on the top right.  This is Kreinik ribbon that is then couched in place with a woven pattern of silk.

So to recap:  

I did the Mistake Stitch with Kreinik 1/16 ribbon in 001.  All of the basketweave is done with Kreinik #16 001. The Rhodes squares are done with 3 strands of Cygnet, which requires two skeins.  All of the others are a single skein. The four center boxes are worked first with Kreinik #12 005HL and then filled with the Kreinik 1/16 ribbon.  The silk is Silk Mill colour shade group called Fade to Black.  Each color will be used in two of the patterns.  They are Silverback, Buttercup Gray, Silver down and China Clay and I used 3 strands in each pattern.  The weaving over the ribbon is done with two strands of Welsh slate.

There is still more to do and one more color that will be added when I get there.

No comments: