Tuesday, August 15, 2017

One organization job done!


I had been storing my Kreiniks in a DMC thread box drawer with dividers and they were multiplying at a rapid rate when I wasn't looking.  They no longer fit in the size categories I had been using.  First they were in order by size, then color number.  When un-watched, the drawer started to overflow!
Enough as I was having a hard time finding what I wanted and getting the drawer shut!

 First I bought this photo keeper at Michael's.  It is a 14.9 x 12 x 5 inch box that came with 16 boxes inside.  This time, I sorted by color!  I keep a master chart of the colors I have as well so I know without looking if I have the number.  But this way, if I want a green, I can see what I have on hand.

So I have a box for black and gray, blue, brown and copper, 3 boxes of gold-who knew?, green, lavender and purple, orange and yellow, pink and lilac, red, one box of silver up to size 12, one box of silver size 16 and up, white, facets, and one for glow in the dark, micro ice, grass and ombre.
The entire thing snaps shut and is so much easier for me to find and use what I want!

3 comments:

Beth in IL said...

I like that idea! I will have to reorganize my kreinik....

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Clever! Wish my local Michael's carried these. They have the little boxes in color but not the big box to put them in.

Unknown said...

Try The Container Store. They have 2 sizes - 12 and 16 boxes that fit in a larger box with a handle. They come in colored or clear.