Friday, April 13, 2012

Finishing Lesson #2

I finished Lesson #2.  The top white area is worked in blanc Soie d alger in a round eyelet stitch and then the Anchor yellow cross stitches are wrapped.  To the right of that is Kreinik in a Square boss stitched with wrapped cross stitches.  Below that is the Medallion w with Smyrna crosses around it and lastly, the large area on the bottom is done in a Saint John's stitch with more yellow wrapped crosses.  Note how each side is a mirror color image of the other.
Nana has asked to see the back side of this piece.....this is an unusual request, but I took a photo of it
for you......I am not of the school that the back has to be perfect, obviously, but here it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good heavens you are almost done!

Nana said...

Wow, this looks so good and thank you for showing us also the back. Sometimes I love looking at things the other way and to me your back looks perfect. I can see now how the red has its own flow like a snake. For some reason I think I understand a little better now how you did it.

Nana

Grit said...

Das ist ganz toll geowrden.
Liebe Grüße Grit

NCPat said...

The above comment says this is a great garden.