Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mystery # 10

 I am starting Mystery #10, Fascination by Loretta Spears as the next project.  The fibers above are the ones called for in the design.  From the top is Perle 926, Needle Necessities overdyed 120, #4 Kreinik in color 191, and Marlitt in 1212.  While the monitor does not show it as well, there is a lot of yellow in these.  I am not a yellow person so I am, of course, switching my fibers to colors that I like.
These are the colors that I will be using.  I am keeping the Perl in 925.  I will use Threadworx 1030.  The Kreinik is #4 in 3221 and the Marlitt is 1034.  I will be working on a 12 x 12 piece of Congress in Eggshell.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on the Cardinal....he is whistling his way to the framer in NC to hang out with his friends and as soon as I can, will post a photo.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I'm becoming fascinated by all the shades of ecru in DMC perle cotton. I'm using 739 currently (a sort of pale vanilla, or ecru with a touch of yellow mixed in) and like it. Your love of neutrals is rubbing off on me.

Can't wait to see this mystery unfold!

Hugs from CH, me