Friday, December 10, 2010

Stem stitching

I decided to start in on the leaves at the bottom of the circle and am using four strands of Splendor to do stem stitches that follow the drawn lines on each one.  I like how the direction has changed the sheen on them!  Even though the leaves are not the focal point, there are a lot of them and I knew what stitch I wanted for them.  I am still selecting other stitches for other areas.  By putting these in, it will help me make better choices for the others.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Don't you just love the Charley Harper designs. I am such a fan. Can't wait to see this progress unfold.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I love this canvas, too. I think it is my favorite winter canvas of all time. Your leaves are gorgeous and now I can't wait to see what you do with the snow on them.

Melitastitches4fun said...

My new boss has a daily calendar of the Charley Harper designs - I'd never heard of him before. And, of all the ones I looked through B-r-r-r-r-rdbath is my favorite! Will enjoy watching what you do with the piece.

NCPat said...

I am glad everyone likes this one as much as I do! He is going to be a lot of fun!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

The Charley Harper designs were very popular in the 80's as cross stitch patterns. Country Cross Stitch had the rights to them at the time, and published them in leaflets. They did a gorgeous job of it.