Thursday, November 18, 2010

Will you look at that neck?

I made significant progress on filling in Otto's neck!  I can see the light at the end of the French Knot tunnel!  Yippee!  And, there was no chuckling tonight....just a great deal of patience on his part!  In an earlier post, I was asked how I do the French knots on canvas.  I am using six strands of DMC floss and I wrap the needle twice after coming up in an empty hole.  I then go down into an adjacent hole over at least one canvas thread or intersection.  Hope that helps!

6 comments:

Elaine said...

He is getting more and more splendidly wooly with every photo :)

Another question :)

You mentioned how it came from the magazine Needlepoint Now. Is this an American publication? I have tried a Google search ..... and am wondering if it is one that is no longer published which is a shame?

NCPat said...

Susan Portra's instructions are from an old Needlepoint Now that is no longer available. I bought the canvas on ebay quite a while ago.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Elaine, the magazine was called Needlepoint Plus and the issue is the July-August 1991 one. You can get this on eBay occasionally.

Pat, the sheep is coming to live more and more. Soon you'll have to feed him.

NCPat said...

Thanks, Jane for catching my oooppps!
I was planning on going by the Ag store to see how much feed is!

Pierrette =^..^= said...

I really love how this is turning out.

Will it be French Knots all the way, but different colors?

I love making them so it would not bother me too much, but still that is a "lot" of French Knots to make (big grin). A good thing that you are rotating your projects.

Pierrette =^..^=

Kelly said...

Otto is awsome. I love this piece!!