Sunday, November 7, 2010

The finish.


Betty's box is done.  I used the base provided by Sudberry and cut one piece of batting the same size and then cust two others each 1/2 smaller than the base.  I glued those in place and let it dry.  Then I wanted some glitz behind the piece and found a pink chiffon with some glitter sprinkled on.  From the last harem costume....no, not really, from a wedding shower.  Really!  Next, the piece itself.  After I placed all of that and secured it with two sided sticky tape, I did the twisted cord with the Splendor mauvy one and the Kreinik #8 braid and glued it around the edge.  I am sure she is going to like this piece!

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

This is very very pretty! It went together quickly and as usual, your finishing is superb. Thank you for taking us along while you stitched it. Betty is going to love her box!

Marcy said...

Beautiful! I'm sure Betty will love it!

Marion said...

The box is beautiful. It turned out nicely.